West Sussex Crowd gives you the opportunity to ask neighbours, friends, family and the local community to back your project with a pledge.
If you can demonstrate community backing for your project through your campaign you might also receive a pledge of up to £5,000 from West Sussex County Council's (WSCC) Community Initiative Fund (CIF).
Below is a brief overview of the process:
• Create a project page on Spacehive outlining what your project is all about and talk to your local County Councillor to get their support
• Your project will be automatically matched to the CIF fund on Spacehive – so you can then pitch to the fund
• Locality, a third party that Spacehive work with, will then verify your project – check the costs and permissions
• Once all checks are complete you will be advised when your project is ready to start crowdfunding
• Begin by trying to get lots of small pledges from the community to demonstrate community need and support for your idea
• Decisions about CIF pledges will be made by County Councillors at County Local Committee meetings
• The size of the pledge will depend on the size of the project, how it delivers against fund criteria, the impact it will have, and the buy in from the community. The maximum pledge size will be £5,000.
• Note: the Council will not be the first organisation to pledge as they want to see community support for your project.