Don't have a Spacehive account? Register here
95 funded projects. 2,600 backers. £649k+ raised and counting!
West Sussex County Council.
Powered by Spacehive.
The deadline to upload your project idea and pitch to CIF is Wednesday 9 October!
West Sussex County Council uses Spacehive to help you create, fund and deliver your project idea. Start a project on Spacehive now to tap into support from us and others.
Your local councillors want to get behind projects that have the support of the community, make a positive impact on people’s wellbeing and support The West Sussex Plan.
Ideas may include:
- Increasing group membership and widering participation
- Starting-up new activities and expanding existing services for members of the community
- Encourages individuals or groups to discover a physical activity that can be tailored to varying levels of mobility and fitness
- Organising community events and activities
- Providing specific items for community spaces
- Organising one-off events to increase visitor numbers to the local area
- Activities aimed at developing skills for residents to benefit them and the area
- Providing improvements to community infrastructure and developing communally-held assets
- Helping groups and organisations to develop their assets and/or resources to support future financial independence
- Helping communities influence the planning and delivery of local services
- Protecting the environment and promoting sustainable local development
- Taking note of significant events and community achievements
Your pitch to the CIF should show evidence of supporting one or more of the council’s key priorities as featured in The West Sussex Plan;
- Giving our children and young people the best start in life
- Ensuring West Sussex is a prosperous place
- Our communities will be strong, safe and sustainable
- We will support you in later life to remain independent
Upload your project idea and pitch to CIF by Wednesday 9 October.
Funding decisions will be taken at the relevant County Local Committee up until Wednesday 27 November 2019 (please see the link below ‘CLC dates and funding windows’ for your local decision date).
- West Sussex Crowd Movement – understand more about this programme
- Eligibility Criteria – check your project is eligible
- Funding Guide – check your project is eligible
- CLC dates and funding windows – find out when you can pitch
- Who is my local county councillor
In order to submit your pitch to CIF, you will need the following:
- Annual turnover
- Financial forecast
- Legal status evidence and incorporation documents
- Governance documents or key policies
- Confirmation of funds already raised for the project
- Public liability insurance where applicable
- Evidence of any permissions e.g. events licence or planning permissions, where applicable.
Not sure where to start? Fill out this expression of interest form to tell Spacehive about your project and then book a phone call discussion with them.
Got a question? Search Spacehive FAQs and read Go Cardless FAQ
Want to get ahead and plan your campaign? Download the Ultimate Guide to Crowdfunding
Have a question for West Sussex County Council?
Speak to a member of the team about your project idea.
Phone: 033 022 25075 (Monday to Friday from 9.00am-5.00pm)
It's not just us supporting projects. GLL, Crawley Borough Council are active too, with £115,000 of funding and in kind support on offer.
See all funds and support
Joined Spacehive on 12 January 2018
West Sussex County Council provides services to more than 850,000 residents every day.
The County Council works in partnership with its communities and a wide range of organisations to make West Sussex an amazing place to live, work and visit.