Our Generation Young People’s Day event facilitates the coming together of young people from a range of backgrounds through the medium of music, arts and performance. Young people will also connect with other young people on the day through attending the event, and also through the collaborative process of planning and delivering the event.
The young people involved will be volunteers. This will also facilitate intergenerational connections and provide an arena for young people to work with other partners including the people of the community, family, friends, colleagues, neighbours and young people.
What we'll deliver:
- Multiple volunteering opportunities for young volunteers
- Mentoring 10 young people one to one
- Building their skills and offering oppertunities to skill share
- A platform to perform in front of large numbers
- Empowering young people and growing their confidence
- Workshops for the younger children with a variety of themes
Why it's a great idea:
We believe that young people can make all the difference to their communities and their lives through the power of volunteering. When young people discover what they care about, and are empowered to do something about it, they are highly capable, committed and passionate. We refuse to see any young person, no matter their circumstances, as anything other than an asset.
Volunteering enables them to make a positive difference in their communities. It not only boosts their confidence and expands their social circle, it enhances their life skills and future employability. There is a lot of negativity around the younger generation in some towns, but this is a way to give them an insight into how their future could be and also decide what they want for themselves, and we are here to guide them and help them to achieve their foresight for the future the best we can.
Steps to get it done:
- Provide an event which is all about the Young People
- Share oppertunities and skills with young people
- Provide free training through DJing
- Young students to perform at the Main Event to showcase skills
Bognorphenia also provide workshops for the younger children for free things they have made to take home with them and we also include them in a workshop where they make things for the event. This means when they join us they will see the part they have been involved in to make a successful event which includes all ages families friends community groups and volunteers.