By pledging to projects through the Cheshire East Crowd, we aim to support the development of local projects that will improve the quality of life for local communities, generate a significant amount of community activity and an all round positive impact.
To pitch for funding through the Cheshire East Crowd, we're looking for projects that:
- Are based in or will benefit the residents of Cheshire East
- That meet the intended outcomes of the fund
- Are put forward by a constituted group / organisation (individuals are welcome to crowdfund on Spacehive, but are not eligible for this fund)
- Demonstrate a passion to make a difference within the local community
Funding will be pledged where organisations can:
- demonstrate a required need and significant local support in the form of backers to your live crowdfunding campaign
- demonstrate that a defined impact will be made through their project or activity and that clear outcomes can be achieved.
We will be unable to pledge funds towards:
- Projects which promote a political party or are of a religious nature
- Any costs incurred in putting together an application for this fund
- Work associated with land or building projects where the ownership or lease is not in place
- Projects/initiatives that cannot demonstrate sustainability after the ideas stage
- Items that are purchased on behalf of another organisation.
- Work which has already taken place and been paid for.
- Projects taking place abroad
Tackle climate change:
• Reduce carbon emissions (eg from buildings, travel, food and waste )
• Capture carbon through tree planting and improved green spaces for nature and the community.
• Protect people and the environment from the effects of climate change
• Help communities to take action against climate change through sustainable energy projects and travel
Improve our neighbourhoods:
• Provide opportunities for young people
• Tackle unemployment
• To reduce crime and antisocial behaviour
• Reduces health inequalities and/or to reduce poverty
• Improve the heritage and culture of our neighbourhoods
• Provide spaces and places for people to connect and/or to promote community cohesion
• Increase support to vulnerable individuals and families
• Improve physical and/or mental wellbeing
Complete our Project Idea Form as soon as possible to tell us about your idea and register for a workshop (see News & Events tab for more information).
2. CREATE YOUR PROJECT ON SPACEHIVE
Create your project page on Spacehive which will match you to the fund name. You are encouraged to create your project early, to unlock support from the Spacehive team.
3. GET YOUR PROJECT VERIFIED
The project costs and necessary permissions will be checked by Spacehive's verifiers before you begin crowdfunding. Submit early to ensure you’re verified before the deadline. Verification takes an average of four days where project creators have the relevant documents to hand.
Before you submit for verification, make sure that you have:
Evidence of any funds that you have received for this project that you would like to have shown on your campaign (e.g. grant agreement, scan of a cheque, bank statement).
4. LAUNCH YOUR CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN AND PITCH TO THE FUND
Once verified, launch your crowdfunding campaign. Ensure you have submitted your fund pitch by the deadline too, to be considered for a pledge from the council.
Please note: the council will not be the first organisation to pledge to your project and will first want to see community support and backing, in the form of pledges from local people towards your campaign.
Start by getting lots of small pledges from the community to show local support for your project. This will help unlock bigger pledges.
Please note: a typical crowdfunding campaign should not exceed three months.
5. ASSESSMENT AND PLEDGE
The council will review all projects typically 6 weeks after the deadline and successful projects can expect to receive a pledge of up to £10,000 (max 50% of target) during their live campaign. For example, a £10,000 campaign could get up to £5,000.
6. HIT YOUR TARGET AND DELIVER YOUR PROJECT
You need to hit your target in order to receive the funds you raise. Please allow up to three weeks to receive funds once your campaign ends. Once you deliver your project, you can update your backers by completing a colourful impact report on Spacehive.
To learn more about crowdfunding on Spacehive, visit the Help Centre.
For any additional questions, please contact Spacehive on firstname.lastname@example.org.