We run 2 centres for Stroke Survivors at Alsager and Crewe we are looking for funding for the cost of the weekly charge for the room and towards a speech therapist to visit each location once a month
Our requirements are to improve the well-being of Stroke survivors and to support their carers.
To enable this, we have access to a room and kitchen for 2 hours per week at Alsager and Crewe but we need to be able to fund this facility.
We also need to fund a Speech Therapist each month and both locations
What we'll deliver:
- 1 year of room rental for both Crewe and Alsager
- A Speach Therapist Each month at Crewe and Alsager (24 visits)
- Introduction back into the local community as many of them have felt isolated
Why it's a great idea:
The benefits to our Stroke Survivors and carers are many fold:
To avoid isolation, to improve their mental health, to support their carers, to enable their improvement to speech via a registered Speech Therapist, to enable exercise via group sessions with the Stay Strong team who are supported by Chesire East Council.
Steps to get it done:
- Provide a Speech Therapist
- Provide a safe meeting environment
- Provide social interaction with all our survivors to increase their wellbeing
This is a vital service to the community which if we did not provide it would mean these Stoke Survivors would not get the support that they need