At the start of 2022, Hopes & Beams would love to introduce the OMi Mobii sensory projector to the centre. We are a charity in Crewe that provides a fun, inclusive and supportive environment for chidren and adults with disabilities and senior members of the community. We provide activities, sports, arts and a community café. The Mobii sensory projector is a fun and exciting way to stimulate imagination and encourage collaborative activity & play. It will be available for people of all ages and abilities and will contribute positively to wellbeing.
A sensory projector will bring people together in a fun way. It can be used creatively to help people of all ages develop skills such as balance and co-ordination, teamwork & cooperation. For people living with Alzheimer's and Dementia the shared experience of using a sensory projector encourages conversation and reminiscence helping people reconnect with positive memories from the past & connect with those around them in an engaging way.
What we'll deliver:
- An OMi Mobii sensory projector at Hopes & Beams
- Regular sessions using the projector
- The projector used creatively with all ages and abilities
- Tailored software to reflect different individual interests
Why it's a great idea:
The sensory projector will provide fun new activities for people with Dementia and Alzheimer's, which can increase a sense of community as they come together with others, and help increase reminiscence and connection with memories.
It will be used regularly with the children who visit Hopes & Beams to bring them more varied and exciting activities to improve their balance, co-ordination, attention and focus, teamwork, cooperation and social skills, developing friendships in a fun way.
The sensory projector is intutitive and responds to all movement, however small. It's easy for all people to use regardless of their mobility, allowing them to participate and interact with their immediate environment in an engaging way.
Over 500 people use the centre every week. The sensory projector will be available for anyone in the community. It will provide opportunities to socialise and collaborate improving wellbeing & encouraging participants to get active at a level suitable to them.
Steps to get it done:
- Jan 2022 Ordering of Sensory Projector
- February 2022 Delivery & Set up of Projector
- February/March 2022 Training of Volunteers & Staff to deliver activities using Projector
- March 2022 Onwards Delivery of Sessions. Individualised activities developed
- March 2022 fortnightly Regular updates on socal media on impact of donors support & attract new users
- July/August 2022 6 Month report to trustees & funders on project impact
Our volunteers are excited to deliver sessions to meet the needs of our community whatever their age and ability and already have ideas to individualise activities to meet people’s specific needs. For those in our community who helped us test and trial this new technology they can’t wait to get their hands on it for real ! prizing the projector from the ladies fitness group was a challenge ……. ‘I love this, we want to keep it, think I’ll take it on holiday !’