Mind Murals is an ambitious and innovative project where the community including local artists, mental health service users, the NHS, Haringey Mental Health Trust, grassroots organizations, charities and community groups come together to use art to heal.
Mental health service users at Blossom Court, St Ann’s Hospital will help to design an impactful and uplifting mural for their new building.
The mural will also inform and educate via its own AR app which provides access to inspiring and practical mental health resources provided by our community.
Resources such as art, personal stories, urgent help information, advice, music, poetry, mindfulness and more. An ongoing program of content provides a continued legacy and 1000 posters will allow the resource to be accessible to communities far beyond the hospital grounds.
Mind Murals champions engagement and creativity for the purpose of mental health and COVID resilience and recovery.
What we'll deliver:
- 1 gorgeous uplifting mural at St Anne's Hospital
- 10 Creative workshops for up to 100 mental health service users
- 1000 posters for contributors, hospitals, schools, community centres etc
- 1 Augmented Reality app
- 20 animated app links to mental heath support & inspiration
- 1 Community Outreach Programme
Why it's a great idea:
Help the community recover from Covid-19 together.
Provide direct Access to NHS mental health guidance & advice across the borough.
Making public spaces brighter and more beautiful.
Improve the building.
Create a destination for local people and art tourists alike.
Making art that accessible to all.
Employment for local artists.
A platform for underheard voices.
Making information about mental health publicly available.
Using art to spread a positive message about mental health.
Creating PR about mental health through strong visual content via press and social media.
Uplifting spirits of service users.
Empowering service users.
Create a digital platform for the community to contribute to.
Improving mental health together.
Bringing people together to work collaboratively.
Help Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health Trust reach many more people with information about their services.
Steps to get it done:
- Run crowdfunding campaign & curate digital content in more detail - Jan - May 14th 2021
- Devise creative workshops. - Last week of May
- Run 10 art Workshops with St Anne's Mental Health service users. 2 per week. - From June 1st -July 14th
- Recording session with local poet/spoken word artist - 1 day End of July
- Recording session with local musician - 1 day End of July
- Design Mural - by July 31st.
- Design Fine Art Print - by August 5th
- Design & Order Posters - by August 5th
- Develop AR app & curate content- From July 14th - 25th Aug
- Paint Mural - Between the 9th - 18th August
- Launch AR app & Grand Opening! by the 31st August.
- Distribute posters 10th Aug - 31st Aug
- Thanks yous to everyone!
For the Mind Murals launch we are partnering with Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health Trust. In the future we aim to create Mind Murals wherever they might be needed. Let us know if you would like one or if you know a wall that needs transforming.
About the Producer: Aoife van Linden Tol is an award-winning artist in her own right. She was Artist in Residence at the European Space Agency, is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and is passionate about using art to change the world. www.aoifevanlindentol.com
About partner lead: Camilla Cox has 17 years of experience as an occupational therapist, She is the Occupational Therapy Lead for Haringey BEH Mental Health Trust and is passionate about empowering service users and creating a more accepting society.
About Artist Matt Dosa: Matt is an accomplished painter and mural artist who is passionate about working with vulnerable adults through charities such as Single Homeless Project and Hope in Tottenham. www.mattdosa.com