A new stone footpath along the edge of the field from the SE corner of Inveresk Road to Church Road at Tilston School to provide a more direct and safer route to school for those living on Inveresk Road, Greenway, and Malpas Road and Wet Lane to the East of Inveresk Road.
What we'll deliver:
- A level footpath of stone construction.
- From field gate at the SE corner of Inveresk Road.
- Along the field boundary to the gate at Church Road by the school.
- The work will be done by a contractor.
- Drainage will be included where it crosses the existing muddy dips.
- It will be a "Permissive Path" where it is not already a "Public Footpath" so open to the public along the whole length.
Why it's a great idea:
It will be a shorter route to school for those living in this part of the village, who are deterred by the present footpath when it becomes wet and muddy in rainy weather.
It will be a safer route, avoiding the need to cross Malpas Road twice at a busy part of the village at school opening and closing times.
It will be dry so that children will be able to wear their ordinary outdoor shoes instead of wellingtons.
It should reduce the number of cars and the congestion at the school entrance on Church Road at school opening and closing times. This will increase road safety and reduce environmental harm and the village's carbon footprint..
If more children walk to school as a result it will provide health benefits to them.
Steps to get it done:
- Project to be launched on 3rd November 2022
It will also provide a safer and more direct all weather route to the village playing fields for many.