With your support, 31 Local and regional artists aim to open an art gallery in Waterdale Doncaster.
Your donation will enable us to Show the works of these artists in a professional environment with an opening exhibition which will showcase the art inspired by the coronavirus pandemic lockdown.
Having an art gallery will help boost the Waterdale area, provide art students a pathway to future careers, leverage the skills of the arts community collectively and boost tourism.
The gallery will have framing and printing facilities for the use of the artists and the general public. We will produce 3 art collections per year which will go on tour in the UK.
Long term Vision for the project
The gallery space will also provide a community hub where people will learn about art appreciation as a means to a sustainable economy.
What we'll deliver:
- Pay contractors to renovate the gallery unit to a high standard for 31 artists to show their work in Waterdale Doncaster
- Buy gallery hanging , printing and framing equipment for the gallery
- Train 31 artists on how to sell art works , framing and printing skills
- Create a sitting area for visitors to the gallery
- Renovate the facade plus install security measure to the front and the back
- Create an ecommerce website for the 31 artists to show thier work to a wider audience
- Create a art buying guide/paper catalogue for the general public
- Register with the tourism exhibition network to be able to promote the work of the 31 artists.
Why it's a great idea:
The project will give 31 artists gallery representation (this is very hard to come by)
It will teach valuable business skills to artists.
It will attract prestigious businesses to open in the area. This will also help the art students in the colleges as it will provide a pathway for their future career and also an outlet for their works.
It will also provide internships for them to learn the business
It will teach art appreciation to the general public
It will attract tourism to Doncaster so it will boost the economy.
The gallery will be self-sufficient as it will be run by the 31 artists. (rent staffing etc)
It will provide opportunities for businesses to engage with the arts in a professionally run environment
It will boost the career of emerging artist as they can prove that they have gallery representation.
Artists will be able to sell more work.
Children and families will be able to come on days out.
Older people will have a welcome and safe and interesting place to go.
Steps to get it done:
- Renovating the unit in month 1 and 2
- Setting up framing service in Month 3
- Setting printing service in month 4
Long term Vision for the project
We aim to open 5 art galleries in Doncaster over a 10 year period. This will enable us to create the Doncaster Art walk/Art trail which you find in other towns. What this means is that visitors would visit the town for the art walk at any time of the year, visitors would start from the new museum and then proceed visit the other galleries and art spaces in the town. This I believe could become a major tourist attraction for our town. We just need your help to renovate the unit.
This will also help the art students in the colleges in the area of arts students as it will provide a pathway for their future career and also an outlet for their works.
It will also provide internships for them to learn the business side of the art industry.
This will provide Doncaster residents somewhere interesting to go to in the town and would be a huge educational resource for schools and young people. It will inspire everyone.