We already have the support of many local community groups, but now we need your help. We need at least 1000 pledges in order to attract a Make London Grant from the Mayor of London. A pledge of just £1 shows you care. A pledge of £5 shows you really care - and a bigger pledge shows you love us.
Sit in the shade of Grade II listed architecture with your friends as your children play in a safely enclosed eco-friendly garden with stepping stones and a wobble bar in a growing flower bed. Read under the holly tree as the world goes by. Borrow that edging spade for your garden that you just need once?
We plan solid wooden natural benches, a water-permeable and eco-friendly pressed gravel area, and will plant flowers and edibles for the community to share and enjoy, all along side an amazing wild flower bed which children can explore and play in. A small garden tool bank will offer an opportunity for people in the local community to share garden tools and knowhow.
What we'll deliver:
- an attractive and welcoming small garden for the community
- an exciting and fun children's wild garden play area
- an eco-friendly environment
- a place to sit, share, meet with friends
- a small tool bank to borrow gardening items in the community
Why it's a great idea:
This new garden will bring you and your friends a place to sit and rest in the shade and calm of a beautiful grade II listed building. It will be a place to bring children to enjoy exploring a natural wild play area amongst growing plants, shrubs and trees, jumping on stepping stones and playing on a wobble-bar, and all in a safely enclosed area. Round the corner a small gardening tool library will help you enjoy gardening by providing some basic and some more unusual garden tools.
Steps to get it done:
- laying the new eco-water permeable hard core to delineate the area
- adding the children's wild play garden area
- building and stocking the tool library