Saving Fletton Field

Impact data and claims within this report are provided by the project creator and have not been independently verified by Spacehive.

Saving Fletton Field

Oundle Recreation and Green Spaces Group By Oundle Recreation and Green Spaces Group

A Community wide Crowdfunding bid to gather contributions from residents past and present, to enable purchase and management of the historic Fletton Field in the centre of Oundle Northamptionshire.

Oundle Fundraising stage

73
backers
£228,535
pledged of £280,430
99
days left

Pledges will only be charged if the project hits its funding goal of £280,430 by 31 Dec 2018

The Oundle Recreation and Greenspaces Group, (ORGSG) is a community group set up in 2015 to protect the town’s accessible greenspaces. We are launching this Community wide Crowdfunding bid to seek contributions towards the purchase of Fletton Field in the centre of Oundle. We have secured 80% of the funds towards our bid to Northamptonshire County Council. This crowdfunding we hope will secure the remaining 20%. There is no other place in Oundle with the same depth of feeling. • Fletton field was the Primary School's playing field until 2016. Prior to this it was the allotment of the Workhouse, sold to the Poor of Oundle by the Smith's brewing family. • The site was put up for sale by the current land owner, Northamptonshire County Council (NCC). • We want to secure this special place for future generations of Oundle residents to enjoy.

What we'll deliver:

  • Purchase Fletton Field from Northamptionshire County Council
  • Hold and manage the land in Trust, for current and future generations
  • Provide high quality greenspace and playing field to all Oundle's residents

Why it's a great idea:

Parks and green spaces are proven to help people stay physically and mentally well; places where we can all move, breathe, run and play. They are an important tool to drive social cohesion, combat loneliness and build community spirit. (Fields in Trust) Oundle already has a lack of accessible greenspace. 10 times less per person than Raunds, and 5 times less than Burton Latimer. Losing this field will further reduce Oundle’s accessible amenity greenspace by 40%. The location of Fletton Field makes it particularly important. It's close proximity to local sheltered housing, care homes, Fletton House (the Community Hub centre), the Doctors surgery and the Library makes this site the most widely accessible green space within the town. If NCC choose our bid, we will set up a charity to manage this field, for all, for all time.

Steps to get it done:

  • Raising sufficient pledges to place a bid to Northamptonshire County Council

Location Oundle

Oundle has 10 other projects and £345,000 in potential grant funding

About the space

Fletton Field, Off Glapthorn Road, Oundle

Council

East Northamptonshire Council

Post a Comment

How will the money be spent?Total £280,430

Pledge from Oundle School - £125,000 (45%)
s106 contributions for recreational improvements - £95,000 (34%)
Land Purchase - £52,000 (19%)
Individual pledges - £3,000 (1%)
Other - £5,430 (2%)

Costs Breakdown

This shows how money raised for the project will be spent. These costs have been confirmed by the project's Delivery Manager and verified.

45%
Pledge from Oundle School
£125,000
34%
s106 contributions for recreational improvements
£95,000
19%
Land Purchase
£52,000
1%
Individual pledges
£3,000
2%
Other
£5,430
  • Spacehive fees
    £2,600
  • Transaction Fees
    £2,310
  • VAT
    £520

Overfunding

This project is enabled for overfunding. If the project hits its funding goal before the end of the campaign period, any extra funds raised will be spent (in order of priority) on: We'll use any extra funds to contribute to 1. improving accessibility to Fletton Field, 2. establish Community allotment and pollinator garden, 3. new benches and gates

Total £280,430

Our Wish List

We're currently looking for people to offer skills and stuff to develop our project! Check out the list of what we need below and then use the 'Offer Something' button to the right to get involved.

Want to help?

Do you have stuff or skills to contribute to this project? Use this tool to offer something to the project creator.

Offer something