We are very confident that we have secured studio space in Westfield Stratford, but no solid confirmation has been received. No pledges will be collected from backers until confirmation is in place.
Newham Music will take over an unoccupied shop within Westfield Stratford City to house a pop-up music production studio for members of the local communities to use, free of cost, exploring their talents and collaborating with other musicians to produce high-quality tracks and recordings.
We will kit-out the studio with professional-grade equipment and enlist studio professionals to work one on one with emerging community musicians, particularly attracting the young people who congregate in the surrounding areas, including outside Stratford Underground Station and in the Stratford Centre shopping complex.
Newham Music will promote the project and share the tracks that have been created throughout the project across all of our channels, making them available to all participants.
What we'll deliver:
- Build a pop-up music studio using professional-grade music technology and production equipment in Westfield Stratford
- Provide an engaging, creative, safe space for young people
- Enlist professional music production team to work with local emerging artists
- Upload final tracks and promote young local musicians on various streaming networks
Why it's a great idea:
This project will:
-Offer drop-in opportunities for anyone who is interested - there will be no limitation based on age, ability, or cost
-Support and promote local talent
-Highlight the unique and diverse backgrounds and musical traditions within Newham
-Provide positive creative opportunities for local young people who might be drawn to antisocial or otherwise disruptive behaviour
-Fill gaps in the current offer and meet the most frequent request Newham Music receives from young people - a designated space to create, record, and distribute their music
-Engage young people and adults from across Newham, the borough with the lowest adult arts engagement rate in the country
-Signpost young people to further engagement opportunities, encouraging long-term change and sustainable positive outcomes among those that are currently disengaged
-Take advantage of a disused location within a high-traffic area, requiring fewer resources for venue and marketing purposes
Steps to get it done:
- Finalising agreements with partner organisations
- Finalising delivery team
- Creating and distributing initial marketing materials
- Purchasing equipment
- Building/equipping studio space(s)
- Opening studio(s) to the public
- Uploading tracks created throughout the project