The event will take place on Saturday 11th July 2015 in Page Park Staple Hill from 11:00 - 4:00 pm and is free for people to attend.
Last year the event featured performances from:
St Mary’s Players – musical comedy group
Mini-massive- sax group
Golden Oldies – R.B.L. ladies choir
Westerly Showband – our own wind band
Kingswood Winds – an intermediate level wind band
Ukulele Jam – ukulele band
The Play-for-a-day Orchestra
Westerly Showband's aim is to educate the everyone about wind band music by providing playing facilities and by teaching.
Check out the Our Big Gig film from 2014 which features the event at Page Park:
We need your help to make this event possible and allow more people to experience live music in their local area. The event is organised by volunteers and relies on donations to make it possible.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
This event is part of Our Big Gig
- Our Big Gig is a community music celebration taking place across the UK from the 10th – 12th July 2015.
- An Inspired by 2012 project, this annual event brings communities together through local music and inspires people to take part in music making opportunities in their local area.
- All Our Big Gig events are free to attend
- Our Big Gig provides a diverse mix of local artists, groups and performers the opportunity to perform at an event in the heart of their community
- Our Big Gig provides the opportunity for people to have a go at music making - Our Big Gig allows people the chance to volunteer with and meet their neighbours
More at www.ourbiggig.co.uk
Steps to get it done:
About the space
Post a Comment