The 17 SDGs are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure all citizens enjoy peace and prosperity. They offer an inclusive framework and opportunity to ensure no one is left behind.
This project has two aims:
Virtual reality is an immersive tool for creating empathy and offers a powerful way to share the hidden issues of youth and and marginalised groups. Using 360 and drone cameras to create short virtual reality clips filmed in Camden, residents can tell an SDG related story from their perspective ie goal no 1 - no poverty, goal no 4 - gender equality etc.
Secondly, an invite to the community to:
* Get to know and lead on SDGs locally
* Volunteer time, skills, resources or funds to the SDGs for Camden
* Create content and stories to share on website to co-produce a sustainable borough for sustainable lifestyles
* Host events or pop ups on SDG related issues
What we'll deliver:
- Meet-up for Camden community to introduce SDG's as an opportunity for creating social cohesion across the community
- 3 SDG virtual reality film clips created by youth and marginalised groups to show SDGs from their perspective
- Art installation - 3 UN SDG butterfly wings painted across Camden to encourage "selfie for good" moments
- Co produce website with community - resources, sustainable living tips & business best practice, forum, opportunities
- Build a network of SDG advocates from Camden and host meet-ups
- Camden SDG day of action on Global day of action - 25 September
Why it's a great idea:
A sustainability revolution is underway and most citizens recognise we are facing challenging times with an urgent need to decarbonise our way of living. Citizens often want to do more but don't know where to start. Many are unaware of the potential the SDGs offer.
In fact, many local organisations including the council and individuals already contribute to one or more goals but may be unaware of this hence the aim to raise awareness of these initiatives via showcasing them on the website and inviting them to co-produce content.
Through offering opportunities and guidance on the SDGs, we hope to show there is an appetite for empowering and educating citizens to lead sustainable lifestyles.
A longer term view is to set up a regular sustainability hub using donated local venues where local residents and parter organisations can collectively continue to co-produce projects and content to continue shaping a more sustainable future.
Steps to get it done:
- Building partnerships with Camden organisations
- Buying 360 and drone camera kits
- Buying paint for art installation and painting in three locations
- Delivering website with co produced sustainable living guides, cheat sheets and tips
- Outreach to Camden community to join SDG Camden alliance
- Inviting orgs to show leadership and host a work shop or pop up shop relating to an SDG
- Organising Camden day of action 25 September to encourage Camden community to volunteer their time and skills
This project aims to bring together the Camden community under
SDG 17 (partnerships for the goals) and the following SDGs initially:
* Goal 1 - no poverty
* Goal 2 - no hunger
* Goal 4 - education
* Goal 5 - gender equality
* Goal 7 - renewable energy
* Goal 10 - reduced inequalities
* Goal 11 - sustainable cities
* Goal 12 - responsible consumption
* Goal 13 - climate action