By funding the early days of Cargo Holme you will be helping to put our e-cargo bike to the test. You'll get a chance to join us on our journey as we travel around the Holme Valley supporting events, community projects, local businesses and schools and drum up business for the future that doesn't damage the environment.
Together we can all be part of a trail - blazing, cleaner, greener way to transport goods in the Holme Valley by e-cargo bike.
What we'll deliver:
- A summer of events and roadshows so you can join Holme Deliveries in action and find out what we can deliver
- We'll do practical market research so you can tell us how Holme Deliveriescan best become sustainable
- We'll test-ride our routes, systems and equipment so we're slick and ready to do good business by 2023
- Provide exciting volunteering opportunities for riders, route finders and local business pioneers.
- An eye - catching, head - turning example of Climate Action to make you proud to live in the Holme Valley
- A strong team of 10 volunteers supported by experienced staff and development workers
- A bike storage hub that will mark the start of a logistics and distribution centre
- The foundations for an online local shopping and e-cargo delivery platform
Why it's a great idea:
The Holme Valley is a great place to live and work, but traffic congestion and pollution threaten our environment and quality of life. We need to cut down on vehicle use, yet online shopping and van deliveries are on the rise.
What if our online shopping was through local businesses and delivered by e-cargo bike?
We know that we need to cut down on vehicle use to help tackle climate emergency but that doesn't mean we have to compromise the local economy or quality of life. Our e-cargo bike is a real alternative to motor vehicles - it can carry large loads up to 80kg up steep hills, navigate narrow lanes and take goods right to your door. It will mark the start of a perfect solution to local online shopping and deliveries for the Holme Valley that we can all be part of and lead to a boost in green jobs long into the future.
Steps to get it done:
- We will have completed market research to establish business partners for paid deliveries
- The cargo bike will be a familiar sight to 15,000 people in the Holme Valley
- 1,000 school children will have learned about the cargo bike and how it is a great way to tackle climate change
- 10 riders will have ridden the bike and be able to help increase the bike's use and functions