We are a new team of organisers aiming to secure the future and sustainability our community festival. Please help us make it happen!
East Finchley Festival will take place in Cherry Tree Wood, N2, on 21 June 2020 and will feature:
- Two performance stages - one for local bands, the other for community and school groups.
- Free children's story-telling, eco-crafts and forest school activities.
- Over 80 stalls of local crafters, small independent traders, community groups and charities.
- Local food vendors representing East Finchley's diverse community.
- Free sports coaching for all ages.
Nobody gets paid and we rely on a huge army of volunteers on the day, however we need to raise funds to hire the equipment needed to stage the festival.
This year we would like to make the festival greener, working towards our goal of becoming carbon neutral.
This is your festival, run by the community for the community. Please chip in and be part of it!
What we'll deliver:
- A free one-day festival for the N2 community
Why it's a great idea:
East Finchley Festival has become one of the most important events of the year for the N2 community. However the previous organisers, who have been running the festival for over 40 years, have decided it's time to stand down and enjoy their well-earned retirement.
We are a group of festival volunteers who have taken on responsibility for the festival to make sure that it continues, so the legacy can be passed on to another generation.
We aim to provide a fun day out for the entire community, showcasing local talent, sharing delicious food, giving people a chance to try new activities and learn new skills, providing networking opportunities for our local community organisations, raising awareness of the groups operating in the area, giving our local traders and crafters a platform to sell and promote their goods and services and, most importantly, creating a friendly inclusive environment, where neighbours can mingle and enjoy everything that East Finchley has to offer.
Steps to get it done:
- Book Cherry Tree Wood
- Book staging, toilets, bins and other essentials
- Open stalls bookings to the public
- Arrange and book stage entertainment and children's activities
- Produce the programme, to be delivered to homes in N2
- Stage East Finchley Festival 2020!
We hope to raise enough through crowdfunding to pay for the basic festival essentials (staging, tables, gazebos, toilets and bins), so we can guarantee the festival will happen. Anything extra will be funded by revenue from stalls, raffle and advertising in the festival programme.