The Purls.UK bring people together to build friendships and inclusive communities, combating loneliness and isolation and benefiting the street homeless and their pets by donating handmade warm items of clothing and working in partnership with like minded organisations.
We currently work with Barons Court Project, The Upper Room W12 and London Network Church. Our plan is to expand our reach and increase community connections to benefit the isolated, lonely, street homeless and their pets. Our members are enabled to increase enterprise skills, improve health, physical, mental and emotional.
The Purls.UK improve communities working together, promote opportunities for creativity, improve community cohesion, and support vulnerable people.
What we'll deliver:
- Deliver weekly craft workshops and meet ups
- Organise regular social events for attendees
Why it's a great idea:
Increased connections and friendships for individuals that feel isolated and cut-off from their community. Enabling people experiencing poor health to gather together and find community, doing something very tangible for the street homeless community and their pets.
Improved health, confidence and well being.
Steps to get it done:
- Inviting members of the community to join our friendship group and help us benefit the street homeless and their pets.
- Partnering with other community groups to deliver the finished items of warm clothing.
- Start a gardening project to increase health & wellbeing.
- Start a memory and exercise project for people experiencing dementia
- Start a film club for lonely and isolated individuals to enjoy.
- Improved access to digital technology and training for the lonely and isolated