Waltham Forest Council has launched the Community Help Network to support our most vulnerable residents during the Coronavirus outbreak. We’ve been inspired by the response from residents and know that many of you want to help. We’ve created a crowdfunding project so that residents whose circumstances allow, can donate to provide additional community support.
All money raised will go directly to community organisations to ensure our older and most vulnerable residents get the support and help they need during this period. This includes essential food supplies, prescription collections, emergency home repairs and (safe) social contact.
So many of our community have already come together to help each other, and by supporting this network, we can continue these amazing community efforts.
What we'll deliver:
- Food supplies
- Prescription Collections
- Emergency home repairs
- Social Contact via phone or online
- More active volunteers in the community
Why it's a great idea:
The Community Help Network will be a lifeline to the most vulnerable members of our community as we face this crisis together. All money raised will go to VCS groups working to support these people.
Steps to get it done:
- Provide meals for vulnerable people in the borough
- Provide Emergency home repairs for vulnerable people in the borough
- Recruit and train more volunteers
- Coordinate social contact via phone or online
- Collect prescriptions for vulnerable and older members of the community