Our mission is to explore and expand the boundaries of using art as a therapeutic tool whilst reconnecting east London with the 'Feminine'.
This will be a public exhibition that combines immersive sensory art and healing workshops in the same space. Allowing the audience to both appreciate and be part of the work. It will take place over 5 days and 5 nights in Tower Hamlets. By day the space will be open for everyone to experience; by night a powerful container for workshops and healing.
Using a community oriented and inclusive approach this exhibition will be a place to reconnect to the ‘the feminine’. Whilst being accessible to the public, we will focus on engaging with east London charities, particularly focusing (but not limited to) sexual violence and female charity groups.
We need your help to turn this dream into reality. Let’s bring the healing power of art to east London!
What we'll deliver:
- A free multi-sensory 5 day exhibition, showcasing life size shrines of goddess archetypes
- An exhibition using light, scent, sound, projected visual art, and performance
- Healing workshops, talks and ceremonies for charity groups and the public (Yoga, sound healing, guided meditations)
Why it's a great idea:
We believe in the healing power of art. We want to share this passion and therapeutic approach with the bubbling culture of east London (historically famous for it’s powerful female community).
The divine feminine and divine masculine resides within everyone regardless of gender. These archetypes live within us all and we aim to bridge the gap to this inner heroic strength by creating a modern goddess sanctuary.
We want to create this space to inspire more feminine elements into our society. Elements like community, compassion, and sensuality. This idea is about moving beyond gender and fusing the best of both for a more balanced world. This isn’t just for women this is for everyone!
Imagine how powerful it would be for local charities to be invited to holistic workshops in a beautiful sensory space, surrounded ornate shrines, plants, relaxing sounds, calming scents, and guided into a state of bliss? You could help make this real!
Steps to get it done:
- Create and install the exhibition
- Devise a marketing strategy to promote exhibition and programme
- Work with local charities to establish their wants and needs
- Engage with east London charities and schools to maximise reach
- Secure a temporary lease for the premise and ensure public liability insurance is in place
- Work with a PR team to extend publicity
- Confirm a secure storage unit for the work after the show
- Contract workshop leaders, facilitators and performers
Any amount you can donate is hugely appreciated!
If you aren’t in a position to donate, we would greatly appreciate if you could share this Spacehive page on your social media channels.
You can keep up to date with us on instagram @divine_feminine_project & @thesurvivorstrust
P.S Spacehive offer a full refund on donations if we don’t reach our target.
So It’s a win win situation!
Let’s push for accessible art for everyone!