Our mission is to explore and expand the boundaries of using art as a therapeutic tool for survivors of Sexual and Domestic Violence. Whilst reconnecting people with the wisdom and power of the ‘Feminine'.
This five-day exhibition in East London will be an inspiring combination of immersive sensory art, performance, mythological storytelling and healing workshops. Allowing the audience to both appreciate and interact with the work.
What we'll deliver:
- A free 5-day exhibition, displaying art made in collaboration w/ Survivors: priority to BAME, LGBTQ & disabled survivors
- An innovative display of light, scent, sound, projected visual art, and performance
- Free healing workshops: Sound healing, guided meditations, yoga classes, talks, webinars for charity groups & the public
- We will run an guided online tour for people unable to psychically attend
- We will continue to work with survivors using creative healing practises
Why it's a great idea:
This project is a beacon of hope in such turbulent times.
Tower Hamlets had the sixth highest rate of recorded sexual offences in England (2018) and quarantine measures have seen reported rates of domestic abuse soar. We believe art has the power to heal and we want to share this innovative approach with everyone, especially survivors. Using a community oriented and inclusive approach, this exhibition will be a place to reawaken our connection the ‘Feminine’.
The ‘feminine’ and ‘masculine’ resides within everyone regardless of gender. It’s the Yin and Yang of our being. Two contrasting yet balancing sets of energy that are embodied in everyone, and we need both to achieve our highest potential - the balance is off and it needs restoring. Now, more than ever, we need the creative nurturing energy of the ‘feminine’. We are creating a legacy to build on and this is just the start.
Please help us bring accessible and healing art to East London and beyond!
Steps to get it done:
- Create and install the exhibition
- Devise a marketing strategy to promote exhibition and programme
- Work with local charities to establish their wants and needs
- Engage with east London charities and schools to maximise reach
- Secure a temporary lease for the premise and ensure public liability insurance is in place
- Work with a PR team to extend publicity
- Confirm a secure storage unit for the work after the show
- Contract workshop leaders, facilitators and performers
We are extremely grateful for your donations!
If you aren’t in a position to donate, we would be extremely grateful if you could share our Spacehive page on your social media channels.
Keep up to date with us on instagram @divine_feminine_project & @thesurvivorstrust
P.S Spacehive only withdraw donations when we hit if target on the 6th July!