Women of Swansea are invited to co -create a 'she - lair' or female hub by making music (percussion/ singing/dancing) & art (murals/ banners).
We will explore how to revitalise our environment through recycling (and we will even make our own refreshments/ write original music).
What we'll deliver:
- We will make beautiful things from the discarded, e.g. murals using donated paint.
- We can design costumes, masks and banners from upcycled fabrics, paper and plastic
- We will enhance employ-ability with new skills garnered
- We will nurture each other by cooking nutritious vegan snacks (from donated/unused food)
- We will develop a performance group involving drums, singing & dance
Why it's a great idea:
This project simultaneously tackles loneliness, poverty, waste, ill -health, racism and unemployment by creating a multi -ethnic creative space ( a she-lair) for women of all ages and abilities. New skills restore confidence as well as health e.g. music is good for both physical and mental health.
Steps to get it done:
- To start creating professional murals or banners within a year (depending on which is more feasible).
- To have evoked the confidence/skills for a viable performance band within 2 years
- To search for options re certificated achievement (for attendees) within 3 years
- To instil awareness of (and enthusiasm for) simply- made,recycled, healthy snacks during project ..
We only need a starter - pack and a small amount of rental to get creating! In the long -term we hope to create a performance group (which could inspire the return of Swansea Mas Carnival) and a viable mural/banner business from this project using up-cycled materials