Thanks to funding from Manchester City Council’s High Street Innovation fund, we will be working with 20 young people over three workshop days in April 2015 from Moston Lane, Manchester, to write new music inspired by the local area and orchestral music, and fused with their favourite music genres.
Participants will work with Manchester Camerata Youth Forum members, an orchestral musician, a vocalist, a composer and a digital artist, culminating in a short performance at the end of each day for members of the public, attracting people to the local area.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
Help us to unite the Moston Lane community at Simpson Memorial Hall on Saturday 11 April, 1-6pm with a free public festival celebrating the REmix project, local food, music and arts & crafts, and music performances by the young local artists.
Local businesses will have an opportunity to profile themselves within the local area and beyond, sharing their produce with new customers. Other young artists from Moston Lane will also have a platform to share their talents, promoting emerging talent from the community, as well as participants of the project. The young people involved will also be invited to join Camerata's Youth Forum, in order to take part in future projects and build on the skills learned through REmix: Moston Lane.
Come along and enjoy a variety of foods, gift stalls, and an array of unique performances, all provided by people from your community.
Steps to get it done:
To thank you for your support, we’re pleased to offer rewards for your donations:
- £10 – A big thank you on Manchester Camerata’s social media channels
- £25 – A big thank you on Manchester Camerata’s social media channels & a digital thank you card from our Youth Forum
- £50 – A thank you video from our Youth Forum, plus all of the above
- £100 + – You’ll be sent an exclusive 10% discount code for Manchester Camerata promoted concerts until the end of 2015
- £500 + - You’ll be sent an exclusive 10% discount code for Manchester Camerata promoted concerts until the end of 2015 plus you’ll be acknowledged as a ‘Major Supporter’ on all materials for the event
- £100 + Corporate level – have your stall at the event
- £250 + Corporate level – have your stall at the event plus your branding on marketing for the day
- £500 + Corporate level - have your stall at the event, your branding on marketing for the day, plus recognition as a ‘Major Supporter’ on all materials for the event
About the space
Simpson Memorial Hall
Manchester City Council