This is a large scale project that consists of several phases. Phase one is to complete a feasibility study which will enable us to get the initial design phase up and running. We need to appoint a solicitor and connect with a quantity surveyor to work with our architect. To ensure the building has minimal impact on the environment and is sustainable in terms of running costs; our brief includes features such as solar panelling, grey water recovery and an air-source heat pump. Due to the developments location, there are essential surveys that must be completed, such as a tree survey, as there are many protected trees surrounding the building.
What we'll deliver:
- Bring derelict land back into community use
- Incorporate green features into the building to link to the ethos of the original Eco House
- Support the reduction of anti-social behaviour in Western Park
- Preserve and restore former community gardening space
Why it's a great idea:
If Project Hive is successful, it will safeguard versatile community space for generations to come that can evolve with the needs of the community. Creating this space will enable people of all ages to participate in a breadth of activities which encourage lifelong learning, increase community cohesion and reduce isolation. We plan to deliver amazing facilities which bring people of all backgrounds to come together through common interests, such as: musical facilities and recording studios, art/craft sessions, outdoor learning opportunities (den building, bush craft skills, gardening and outdoor art), inter-generational groups and schemes that promote biodiversity and Eco-friendly living. This really will be a place where everyone is welcome and their input is valued (whether it be in attending sessions, volunteering, or offering suggestions of sessions they would like to see available).
Steps to get it done:
- Artist impression of the new building
- Schematic plans and schedule of work
- Project out for tender with contractors
- Commencement of fundraising for Phase 2
We really want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who pledges whatever they can against our project to help us reach our target and get phase one off the ground!
- For every £500 donation we will display a personalised paving stone
- For every £100 donation we will display a personalised brick
- For every £50 donation we will display a vinyl animal/insect within the building