close search

North Greenford FC Sustainable Future

Impact data and claims within this report are provided by the project creator and have not been independently verified by Spacehive.

North Greenford FC Sustainable Future

North Greenford FC Sustainable Future

North Greenford Football Club By North Greenford Football Club

North Greenford Football Club understands the importance of Carbon reduction and are beginning their Carbon reduction journey to make the football club more sustainable for future generations.

Greenford Fundraising stage

0
backers
£0
pledged of £24,959
56
days left

Working in partnership with the FA Football foundation North Greenford Football Club are looking to upgrade their Halogen Flood lights to new energy efficient LED's. The football foundation are able to provide grants for up to 70% of the cost however this still leaves 30% which the football club need to contribute. The football club is becoming more sustainable and reducing their carbon factor which is extremely important to the new committee. This is one of a number of carbon initiatives the new committee are driving forwards. Upgrading the flood light fittings will save circa 28 Tonnes kilos of CO2e/100,000 kwh of energy during the products life span . In conjunction with the carbon saving this will also save up to 60% on the clubs energy bills.

What we'll deliver:

  • New Energy Efficient Flood lights

Why it's a great idea:

We pride ourselves on being a community based football club. The club, ground and facilities are used by many local organisations and teams. We are working as a committee to upgrading the facilities to enhance the users experience and become more sustainable to help the environment. As part of the progressive upgrades we are making the club more sustainable. Replacing the 20+ years old Halogen Flood lights with new LED's reduces the amount of energy used therefore reducing the luminaire Carbon output and additionally saves the club energy costs.

Steps to get it done:

  • Installation of the new LED Flood lights

Location Greenford

About the space

Custom Location

Council

London Borough of Ealing

How will the money be spent?Total £24,958

NEW LED Flood lights - £22,940 (92%)
Other - £2,018 (8%)

Costs Breakdown

This shows how money raised for the project will be spent. These costs have been confirmed by the project's Delivery Manager and verified.

92%
NEW LED Flood lights
£22,940
8%
Other Read More
£2,018
  • Spacehive fees
    £1,147
  • Transaction fees
    £642
  • VAT
    £229

Overfunding

This project is enabled for overfunding. If the project hits its funding goal before the end of the campaign period, any extra funds raised will be spent (in order of priority) on:

  • Contingency for the project to protect against price fluctuation
  • Other club sustainable initiatives

Total £24,958

Our Volunteer List

We're currently looking for people to offer skills and time to develop our project! Check out the list of what we need below and then use the 'Volunteer' button to the right to get involved.
  • We are a community based club and always looking for volunteers to assist with running the club during the week as well as game days. No specific skills are required just your offering of time. There are opportunities for people of any ages.
  • We are a community based club and always looking for volunteers to assist with running the club during the week as well as game days. The grounds man would like a volunteer to assist them with maintaining the ground. No specific skill required.
  • We are looking to upgrade our club house and any LED lights which are available would be required and appreciated.
  • We are upgrading our club house and any paint (neutral colours) would be appreciated.

Want to help?

Do you have stuff or skills to contribute to this project? Use this tool to offer something to the project creator.

Volunteer
{{comment.UserName}} Creator Backer
{{comment.Comment}}
{{comment.Comment}}
{{reply.UserName}} Creator Backer
{{reply.Comment}}
{{reply.Comment}}