NIne Elms in Swindon has only partial Openreach fibre broadband.
They have however quoted to upgrade Cabinet #18 serving 140 lines including our local Primary Brook Field.
Openreach FTTC upgrade price is £4684, less a BT school grant already assigned of £3513.
This leaves £1171 bill cost to be raised by the school and 140 other residents on this cabinet.
This requires 50% to be paid on contact signing and the balance when the upgrade is completed by Openreach within one year.
Customer orders for fibre can then be submitted via your chosen provider BT, TalkTalk etc.
What we'll deliver:
- Sign Openreach contract to upgrade Toothill Cabinet #18
- Monitor Openreach Progress
- Sign off on Openreach completion.
Why it's a great idea:
This upgrade will expand the residents and the schools choice of reliable Superfast Broadband and reduce cost of service by increasing competition to Virgin Media which covers part of the area.
Steps to get it done:
- Sign Openreach contract for upgrade when funding level is met.
- Pay remaining 50% funding to Openreach when upgrade complete