Streets of Growth, a Youth Enterprise, working in partnership with Tower Hamlets Homes have secured a space in Bethnal Green to develop multi-media and music space for young people encouraging them to learn new creative skills whilst broadening their horizons. Focusing on confidence building, developing self-esteem, enhancing their social skills and giving them an immense sense of achievement.
Streets of Growth, Youth Coaches will outreach across Tower Hamlets to engage at risk young people who might be drawn to antisocial harmful behaviour and support them to access positive creative opportunities at the multi-media space.
The project will provide young people with the opportunity to have their first real experience in music and multi-media. creating a space that will provide social, entrepreneurial, educational opportunities as well as signposting young people who wish to take their experience further and develop creative arts career pathways.
What we'll deliver:
- Provide a safe, stimulating and creative space for young people
- Provide access to a fully functional Multi-Media Studio Suite for young people in the local community
- Provide regular and accessible experiences and taster sessions in multi- media and music
- On-going outreach to young people across Tower Hamlets to engage at risk and vulnerable young people.
- Reduce youth crime, violence & anti-social behaviour by providing young people with much needed activities
- Support Local artists to give back by delivering music, multi production experiences for local young people
- Provide young people with access to positive role models of successful local artists
- Provide Young people with signed posting to further steps into creative industries careers.
- Enable young people to unleash their own true potential and seize opportunities to help them to thrive in life
- Provide young people with specialist and on-going support to move away from harmful behaviours and situations.
Why it's a great idea:
By combining Streets of Growth proven intervention model in supporting at risk young people to move out of harmful and anti-social behaviours along with the opportunity to engage in positive and creative opportunities and experiences in the Multi-media and Music project and space, we can provide young people with the appropriate life skills coaching, trauma support along with social, experiential arts, entrepreneurial, educational benefits and opportunities. In addition, we have a number of local successful artists who are willing to give their time to the project and thus creating a space with young people to mix with and learn from positive local role models that young people can relate too.
All this will provide a far more powerful impact in enabling young people to develop the life skills, resilience and motivation to positively transform their lives and be able to thrive and succeed both socially and economically in today’s society
Steps to get it done:
- Decorate and re-furbish the space including sound proofing for recording studio.
- Purchase and install multi-media and music recording system
- Co-create a delivery plan with young people, local artists and named partners (Tower Hamlets Homes),,,,,,,,,,
- Outreach and promotion to young people across Tower Hamlets
- Launch and opening to young people and residents
- Delivery of first programmes by late Spring 2020
Steps to achieve the project:
• Decorate and re-furbish the space including sound proofing for recording studio
• Purchase and install multi-media and music recording system
• co-create a delivery plan with young people, local artists and named partners (Tower Hamlets Homes)
• Outreach and promotion to young people across Tower Hamlets
• Launch and opening to young people and residents
• Delivery of first programmes by late Spring 2020.