Whilst Menston Cricket Club has received a government grant to assist the club in meeting essential costs, such as groundwork and insurance, we are keen to go ensure that our facilities are 'ready to go' when the lockdown restrictions are lifted.
As such, any monies raised via this crowdfunding effort will be invested in the club's pavilion and surrounds. This will enable our volunteers to improve the changing rooms, club room and kitchen, as well as outdoor areas.
Any excess money will be used to fund courses for our volunteers, such as First Aid, Safe Guarding, Coach Education and provision of kit and equipment for our junior and women's teams.
What we'll deliver:
- Freshly painted and rejuvenated changing rooms
- Improved ambiance in the clubhouse and kitchen
- Neat and tidy surrounds to the cricket ground
Why it's a great idea:
The project will help Menston Cricket Club get through the current COVID-19 situation and be prepared for a return to cricket.
Steps to get it done:
- Purchasing the equipment needed to improve the facilities
- Volunteers preparing the facilities in anticipation of cricket returning