We are crowdfunding for the first stage of the project - IT equipment and community engagement workshops. We want all users of the workspace to have a say in the future development.
Once funds have been secured for this first stage, we will submit an application for planning permission.
The transformed building will enable better hosting of projects, showcasing of creative handmade skills and provide an area for health and wellbeing activities. It will create an effective environment for better networking, training and up-skilling.
The 3 key areas for development are:
1. A shop front and online shop
2. Training and food demonstration café
3. Creative unit for handmade activities
The following are examples of the types of activities for the new workspace:
• Hosting projects
• Back office support for members
• Meeting clients
• Food demonstrations
What we'll deliver:
- 1. A community engagement and launch event
- 2. Follow-up to attend 6 collaborative workshops at DCLC
- 3. On-going communication about the transformation journey through the use of IT and social media
Why it's a great idea:
To engage with the community and to invite and welcome those who have worked with DCLC in the past, as well as current users, potential partners, collaborators, individuals and businesses in the community to participate.
To explore the mutual interest in scoping, adapting and using the new work space for greater community benefits and to create a long lasting legacy to the community.
At the launch, DCLC will present its vision and ideas of what’s on offer and welcome all expressions of interest. This is an opportunity for others to join in the journey with DCLC. We aim to follow this up with collaborative workshops, and any suggestions and contributions from all those interested will help form the bigger plan.
The aims for the project launch and workshops are:
• To build on relationships between groups, co-workers, co-producers and individual entrepreneurs to work together for greater social impact.
• To ensure that the outcome from the event and workshops reflect DCLC's vision
Steps to get it done:
- Community Engagement Launch Event on 10 July 2018
- Collaborative Workshops held in September through to December 2018
- Continuous communication about the impact and dev. of the building
DCLC is committed to continue and improve the way it works with others. We now have this exciting opportunity to transform its building, and to improve and to increase its capacity to deliver. The work of connecting people and creating opportunities meets DCLC’s vision of working for a cohesive society, where people of all backgrounds can benefit from.
Before DCLC can proceed with the physical transformation of the building, we the volunteers would like to get the community involved right from the start.
This is very important to us, as the ultimate goal is to ensure that this project delivers what the community needs.
No matter how big or small your pledge, you will be invited to attend our launch event and have the opportunity to work with or to find out more about the DCLC. You are also welcome to visit DCLC and be greeted with a good cup of tea, bickies and an opportunity to learn and to find out more about the Community House concept.