We are currently awaiting formal council approvals for this project. We expect this to be secured within the timeframes of our campaign and no funds will be transferred to the project until all required permissions are secured.
Waltham Forest and London have an amazing skate community. We have one of the most thriving skateboarding scenes in the UK with lots of creative talents and inspiring individuals involved.
Help us to create an indoor skate hub, a safe space for our community to enjoy indoor skate facilities. It will also serve as a youth enterprise hub for workshops and training as well as helping foster fundamental human needs such as belonging, self-esteem, creativity, and personal and social development.
Waltham Forest has a few good outdoor skateparks, but a real lack of indoor space which will accommodate the ever-growing skateboard, BMX, and inline community in and around London.
What we'll deliver:
- 6000 sq. ft. indoor skate facility - a safe space for young people and our community.
- A creative space to hold exhibitions and workshops.
- Skate Spots mapping trail - a printed map locating skateable spots in Waltham Forest.
- The space will be open all year round and welcoming to people from all walks of life.
- Community skate shop.
- Community co-working space.
- Gallery space
- Skateboarding Library
Why it's a great idea:
Based on our experience and activities within the community, and listening to all of our feedback, we believe that there is a great need for an Indoor Skatepark and the benefits it would promote: physical & mental wellbeing, inclusion, integration and welcoming people into the fold of the local skate community.
This setting will create a safe space as well as job opportunities for those looking to work in the action sports industry, as well as apprenticeship options. Action sports have the power to transform lives, the culture surrounding them include respect, solidarity, working together, freedom of expression and tolerance.
Currently, there are no indoor skateparks within 11 miles from Waltham Forest.
- With our exciting design we will create a destination point in Waltham Forest.
- With our creative workshops we will inspire young people on many levels.
- With our business model it will be accessible for everyone.
Steps to get it done:
- community consultation
- design concultancy / permits
- building work
- indoor skatepark
If the project hits its funding goal before the end of the campaign period, any extra funds raised will be spent (in order of priority) on:
free community events / free skateboarding lessons