Hub A is a new not-for-profit building coming to Hull City Centre, with the aim of providing affordable shared-studio space for individuals, huge private offices and work-based opportunities for local individuals & start-up businesses.
With your help, we hope to raise money towards the building's initial costs for 2017 and furnish the rooms further- extra equipment, chairs, tables and the like!
The building will be perfect for everyone from amateur to professional levels of varying creative industries, with the priority goal of providing work experience opportunities for people aged 16-24 in partnership with local brands and businesses, as well as resources for other local artists to use.
More information about the project can be found at www.hubahull.co.uk
What we'll deliver:
- Training & experience for creative students and amateur-level artists
- Resources to help build skills and develop careers in the arts
- Large office spaces that are accessible to all through incredibly affordable pricing
- Easily accessible city centre location; The hot-spot for Hull's year as city of culture
- A hub for the creative community of the city to thrive, grow and develop further
Why it's a great idea:
Creative souls can struggle to get into the industry of choice without prior experience- Which is why we are running a placement scheme in partnership with local businesses, to provide real work experience and invaluable skills.
As a nonprofit, income from the building's tenants will be re-invested into the building and allow us to keep developing our services & resources for this goal.
Affordable office space is hard to find within any city, especially in a city centre location- And Hull is no exception. Other firms in the area are charging monthly costs that are unattainable for small businesses, postgraduates and creative spirits: Meaning that new ventures often don't get the chance to flourish thanks to intimidating initial costs. As members of the local creative community, we are becoming increasingly aware of individuals and organisations struggling to thrive due to their limited space and funds, helping us recognise the need for an alternative working environment.
Steps to get it done:
- First, we've got to get the building up to scratch! Decoration & security.
- Second, comes the fun part: Furnishing. Let's make it livable!
- Third... Even more fun- Kitting out the resource rooms. Equipment for all!
- Finally, a big summer opening. Promotion and fizzy drinks for all!
We're planning a space to provide in-house design experience for art students to create published work and portfolio pieces, while getting a feel of what it's like to work in the design industry.
Once the building has been redecorated, and following the initial launch this Summer, our rooms, spaces and services will be available to rent at incredibly affordable monthly prices.
Resources include: Easy-to-book meeting rooms with HD projector, unlimited Lightstream Broadband, digital + 3D + screenprint printing facilities, photography studio & equipment, regular fairs & exhibitions and frequent sponsored online promotion for the artists involved.
If we're lucky enough to go over the target, we'd love to invest in more resources to offer even more opportunities for learning and development.