Brilliant news, thanks everyone!
Impact data and claims within this report are provided by the project creator and have not been independently verified by Spacehive.
The Hollands Way playground in Warnham is in desperate need of a revamp and the Parish Council are aiming to replace some of the old equipment with some new exciting and challenging play items.
The aim of the project is to provide an updated and unique playspace catering for ages 1-12. Improving this facility is vital as it is such an important space for the community, bringing people together. The aim of the project is to remove the current, old, multiplay unit, toddler slide and swings, spinner and rockers and replace these with: - New bespoke multiplay unit unit with several climbing options and a broad slide for slide races - Stand-up seesaw which can be used by less physically able children - - Toddler slide and climbing tower - Log trail and jumping lily pads - A single swirl and bespoke deer rockers - Horizontal bars - Pick-up sticks climbing frame - new toddler swings The remaining cable way, aerial rotating swing and swings will be painted and repaired where necessary. Following feedback from children and grown-ups we will also be including more seating and picnic facilities within the playground.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
The playground is at the heart of the village and is very well used by local children and school children, users of the village hall and cricket field. The play area is an important space for the community. Many pieces of the current playground equipment are very old and consequently, cost a lot to maintain from limited parish council funds. Some pieces of equipment are frequently out of action while they are waiting to be repaired. The playground is a much used resource for the parish, providing a free and safe playspace for families in this rural area. The project will provide new play equipment and surfacing that will transform the current, tired playground into ‘Warnhams new deer park’. The aim is to provide an updated playspace for the village that will bring people together. The playground has been designed so that children of all ages can to play together with more facilities for parents and grown ups to enjoy the space too.
Steps to get it done:
We hope you like the deer theme - There has been a deer park in Warnham for over 180 years and this theme will teach children about the local history of Warnham through play. This is an expensive project and the Parish Council has managed to secure 70% of the funds required, through Sct 106 money from local developments as well as Parish Council funds. We need your help to raise the remaining 30% to deliver this amazing facility for our community.
Follow this project You are following this project for updates to your inbox
Brilliant news, thanks everyone!
How will the money be spent?Total £65,910
This shows how money raised for the project will be spent. These costs have been confirmed by the project's Delivery Manager and verified.
This project is enabled for overfunding. If the project hits its funding goal before the end of the campaign period, any extra funds raised will be spent (in order of priority) on:
Our Volunteer List
Want to help?
Do you have stuff or skills to contribute to this project? Use this tool to offer something to the project creator.Volunteer