The Mound would need to be cleared of concrete & tyres. We would then provide a road surface with a roundabout & junctions to teach children road safety along with exercise for all ages. We would place limestone rocks for all to sit on. We would also plant trees & wildflowers. There would also be a bench for parents & grandparents to enjoy the view from The Mound to the rest of the playing field. This project would improve the health & wellbeing of all members of the community.
What we'll deliver:
- Improve the appearance of The Mound by providing a road track
- Plant trees & wildflowers
- Place a bench for all to use
- Provide a facility that the whole community can benefit from
Why it's a great idea:
For years the top of Barnsley Road Playing Field has been unused & neglected. The Friends of Barnsley Road Playing Field got together to improve the field so that all members of our community can use what we think is a great asset for our neighbourhood. This project came about from a public consultation that happened a couple of years ago. The public wanted better facilities on the field to make it a great place to visit & promote health & well being through exercise for all.
Steps to get it done:
- remove the tyres & concrete from The Mound
- Lay the road way
- Lay the turf
- put down the quarry stones
- fit the bench on to the new turf
- plant the wildflowers
- Hold a community event to celebrate