We want to improve the appearance of Hadleigh Town Centre in Essex for the benefit of the local community and to make it a welcoming location for commuters.
Help us install flower displays across the town centre.
Last year we had been successful in raising funds for 12 sets of Christmas street lights and wish to build on this success for 2018. Depending on the success of this project we may want to install further Christmas Lights later this year to cover the majority of the town centre.
What we'll deliver:
- Install and maintain Flower displays across the Town Centre
- Create a charity that will provide for ongoing capital and maintenance costs for our town centre improvements
- Promote community activities via information displays in shop windows and publicise these via our social media accounts
Why it's a great idea:
Hadleigh town centre is an island surrounded by the A13 dual carriage ways and has suffered from a lack of investment in recent years.
We want to make more of a feature of the centre and improve the environment for the local community and commuters, showing that Hadleigh Essex is NOT just a main thoroughfare linking Southend-on-Sea to London
Steps to get it done:
- Gaining Essex County Council approval for Hanging Flower baskets
- Funding hanging flower baskets and maintainance across the Town Centre in 2018
During the latter part of 2017 we were able to negotiate the purchase 12 sets of Christmas street lamp lights, including the installation and removal costs. This was all from local residential & business donations.
Our project for early 2018 is to purchase, install the hardware to the lamp posts for hanging flower baskets and arrange maintenance for these from May through to September .
We have applied in December 2017 to Essex County Council for permission and to get the lamp posts structurally tested to withstand the flower baskets weight; we expect to have approval, but this can take up to 3 months based on our 2017 experience. If we only obtain permission to have a lower number of installations then our funding request can be reduced.