This years event will be on Sunday 5th June and is led by professional cycling instructors who safeguard the ride
Here is last year’s listing, this year’s event will be quite similar.
Picking up on the growing popularity of cycling, the event is a bike ride through Croydon, visiting faith centres around the borough.
In partnership with the Council, the ride begins at Croydon Arena and takes in a number of sites of worship before a picnic lunch at Park Hill Recreation Ground.
• 10am – Start at Croydon Arena SE25 4QL with a route safety briefing
• 11am – Croydon Faith Education Resources CR9 7AL with presentations on the Jewish and Hindu faiths.
• Noon – South Norwood Islamic Centre SE25 5JJ.
• 1pm – Croydon Gurdwara CR0 2BU.
• 1.45pm – St Mary Magdalene Church CR0 6QD.
• 2.30pm – Park Hill Recreation Ground, Fairfield Road – Big Picnic.
What we'll deliver:
Why it's a great idea:
Whether religious or not, we always find common ground with people on a bike ride, it’s one of life’s great levellers. You soon realise how we are all the same when you’re all rolling along with a grin on your face or huffing and puffing collectively up a hill.
Steps to get it done:
Pre-registration is essential and can be carried out at an eventbrite link TBC
About the space
Urban bike ride via places of worship ending at a park .
London Borough of Croydon
Post a Comment