We would like you to join us this summer, to celebrate the transformation of a once neglected field, into one of the most exciting community environmental projects in the UK.
In under two years 30,000 tonnes of earth have been shifted. This once empty field has been transformed into a fantastic educational resource, a haven for wildlife and local residents.
What you will find on the day at the Festival:- Everything you could want for a fun filled day.
- Local school Children's Wetlands Parade
- Live Music
- Side Shows
- Beer Tent
- Texan BBQ , Cakes, Food, more food, other stalls to many to mention.
- Pony Rides
- Fun Dog Show & Agility course
- Face painting
- Pond Dipping
- Sports: including Tug o' War, Beat the goalie,
- Dancing, Zumba
and even a stand with the physicists who worked on the CERNE Hadron Collider
What we'll deliver:
- Stage & Power for the day for schools and community to perfomr on
- Disabled Toilets for the day - Hire
- Arts and Crafts - to make these free to children
- Steward Volunteers ID & Walkie Talkies Hire for the Festival
- Schools - Prizes for the best weltand fancy dressed in the parade
- Marketing banners & flyers
- Pond dipping equipment for comuunity groups and schools when visiting Firs Farm Wetlands
Why it's a great idea:
Because it will create awareness of this fantastic NEWLY created SUDs (Sustainable Urban Drainage System) to the Enfield community and beyond.
More importantly it will provide many schools that border Firs Farm with an educational resource on their doorstep.
It is after all to be celebrated that is is the biggest of its kind in the UK !
Steps to get it done:
In the current council financial climate and their ever increasing budget constraints this will enable more volunteers to learn about and to come together to help look after their Green Space