Our aims are:
• To provide a wide range of high quality football related activities
• To improve members sporting and educational attainment and raise their personal aspirations
• To provide long term assist & support to members participating beyond our grass root level activities i.e. Trialist/Academy/Scholarship/Professional
• To use an all-encompassing approach to our activities as a means to support and improve parents, children and young people’s virtues, self-awareness, confidence, self-esteem and social and communication skills as well as health and well-being
• To promote proactive parenting and active participation by parents and members
• To promote community cohesion and active citizenship and to raise awareness within the wider community of the real needs of children and young people
• To prioritise and ensure self-sustainability in regards to all activities running costs
• Enhance the community spirit within our members by supporting Medina FC, a team in Accra, Ghana.
What we'll deliver:
- Invest in new equipment and kit to give our members pride in themselves and the club
- Help our members to become great citizens and make a great community
- Make very penny count
Why it's a great idea:
We have over 250 members in our club. All our coaches are volunteers and we charge one of the lowest fees for club membership in order to cover our costs (pitch hire, FA membership, referee charges and so on). This means we don't have additional money to spare for new football kit and equipment. This is where we need your help.
We want to give our kids the best equipment and training that we can. We want them to be great citizens and make them realise that they can achieve their goals. In order to do that, we need to invest in new kit and equipment. Southwark Council have promised us £2,000 if we can match that through crowd funding – this is where you come in.
Please help us be the best that we can be and help us to use football as a means to promote great sportsmanship and great citizenship in our members.
Steps to get it done:
- Buy new equipment for the 2017-2018 season
- Have more than 1 team finish in the top 4 of the leagues