Trapped in Zone One is a BAME led creative organisation based in Tower Hamlets. Our aim is to engage with community groups and organisations to improve the health and wellbeing of diverse communities through creative practices, via a diverse range of partnerships with local organisations and individuals.
The Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park influence the management, development, public engagement, appreciation and enjoyment of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park and other green spaces in Tower Hamlets.
Together with Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery will work with the community to transform Ackroyd Drive Greenlink in Tower Hamlets, through art, nature and history. The Greenlink is a vital green space next to a large, high-rise housing estate, yet it has historically suffered from neglect, and still suffers from fly tipping, non-commissioned graffiti and other anti-social behaviours.
What we'll deliver:
- Run a virtual workshop with the community to design an art mural
- Commission artists to deliver the community-designed art
- Run nature and history walks, family activities and planting sessions on the Greenlink
- Invite the community to an art unveiling event with speakers from the local authority.
Why it's a great idea:
The projects aim is to:
- Bring the community together and make them central to the transformation of Ackroyd Drive Greenlink
- Make the Greenlink more attractive for visitors (humans and animals!)
- Increase community interest and knowledge in local nature and history
- Improve community cohesion, local pride and sense of belonging in the area.
Steps to get it done:
- Hosting a creative workshop with the community to design the mural
- Commission an experienced muralist to paint the mural
- Carry out a launch/unveiling event for the local community