The Exmouth Market Centre is a vibrant, much loved and valuable community events and performance space in the heart of Clerkenwell, London. We need to install sound proofing measures to comply with licensing regulations and improve the facilities on offer at the venue. An acoustic lobby will provide a sound break to the street, improve security and allow us to host a wider variety of music showcases and events.
There are three phases to the soundproofing project :
1. Installation of acoustic secondary glazing which we have secured the funds for.
2. Installation of an acoustic lobby and sound proofing the additional doors - the phase covered by this campaign.
3. Installation of an air cooling system. We will continue to crowdfund for this phase if we are successful in securing the lobby funds.
We really need your help to make this happen so please pledge whatever you can .It will all help to support this characterful, much needed community space.
What we'll deliver:
- The installation of an acoustic lobby.
- Improved soundproofed doors.
- A secured future for this much loved space.
Why it's a great idea:
This project is vital to secure the future of this valuable community space and to ensure that it grows and prospers.We offer a well equipped, versatile, welcoming space that hosts a wide variety of events, classes shows and celebrations.These include dance and drama classes for adults and children, a fantastic early years music project, live music showcases, spoken word and comedy nights, celebrations and parties. Community groups and charities use the space for meetings and workshops while local businesses host client events and launches.The variety of events and diversity of the users show how important the space is to both the local community and all who visit the area to come together, learn and celebrate at this special place. The influx of visitors adds to the area's vibrancy and helps support the local businesses. The success of the project will ensure everybody can continue to enjoy using the venue while we welcome others to an expanding programme of events.
Steps to get it done:
- Finalise the plans with the contractors.
- Construct the Acoustic Lobby.
- Soundproof the additional doors