We're planning a fantastic two-day Free Film Festival on Friday 11th Aug and Saturday 12th Aug 2017, taking place in Ealing Green.
This can only happen if you back the campaign and we hit our target. Otherwise the Film Festival won't happen!
We plan to screen the classic Ealing comedy 'The Ladykillers' (1955) and the iconic musical 'Dreamgirls'. Celebrating our worldwide known heritage for film and performing arts.
Let’s take the best of film projects from our local area, and make them happen here where we live!
We also want to ensure that the Film Festival is respectful to the natural setting of the park and recycle as much of the litter as possible.
We have applied for a license from London Borough of Ealing and are currently waiting for this to be granted. No money will be taken from backers in the unlikely event we are not granted the license.
What we'll deliver:
- We will provide 2 days of film celebration to suit all ages and interests
- All screenings will be free to the public
- Celebrate Ealing’s Film Heritage
- We will take film into the community and bring people together
- Raise awareness of recycling by encouraging the recycling of litter
Why it's a great idea:
Everybody loves film and we believe film creates a buzz where ever it happens! Free films are a great way to engage the local community and we aim to build connections and nurture partnerships with local businesses and individuals.
This project will promote our ethnically diverse community and celebrate the area as a creative hub of artistic initiatives. The local community will benefit through the cohesion that film brings, allowing people of different backgrounds to share moments together through film.
Ealing Free Film Festival hope's become a valued annual event on the Ealing Cultural calendar.
Steps to get it done:
- We will collaborate with local businesses to promote our exciting festival plans
- We will liaise with Ealing Council for access to more outside spaces for future film events
- We will work with the Free Film Festival company to arrange all the necessary equipment hire
- We will use part of the budget to create a print programme, posters and get the word out on social media
- The funding will finance all the necessary film licences, permissions and permits
2017 is an exciting year for Ealing Free Film Festival as we hope for it to become the first of many. We sincerely hope our community will support our efforts and help us to deliver some really exciting film events. Our long-term vision is to provide a varied selection of film screenings, provide many volunteering opportunities and with your support hope to eventually find a permanent home for Ealing Free Film Festival.