With Knife crime on the rise amongst our younger generation it is vital that others feel safe when going out with friends in and around the city. Having Bleed kits installed which could potentially save a life will make the public feel safer. The bleed kits will be linked to the ambulance service and in the event of being needed they will direct the caller to the nearest mobile kit or fixed unit and give them the combination code to unlock the unit. The items inside the kits are designed for catastrophic bleeding and the caller will be guided on how to use the equipment. It is important to have these kits fitted around different places so they are easily accessible when needed. We have already purchased 2 fixed units and 2 mobile units ready to be fitted and placed.
What we'll deliver:
- The CBT team will ensure all fixed units are maintained and checked frequently to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- We will ensure all mobile kits are checked and re-stocked when needed.
- We are committed to raising awareness around knife crime.
Why it's a great idea:
With knife crime on the rise with our younger generation it is important that all young people feel safe. No one should feel isolated or threatened from youths. We aim to educate and prevent knife crime but unfortunately it still happens and too many young people are losing their life. Our youth today is our future tomorrow and we need to act now.
The Bleed kits are designed for all types of catastrophic bleeding and can be used in road traffic accidents or any other serious accidents. By using the specially designed kits in emergency cases it will potentially give the patient vital care and attention in those first few minutes before the emergency services arrive which can potentially save their life.
Steps to get it done:
- Purchase all bleed kits and cabinets.
- Have all mobile kits delivered and fixed units in place.
- Register all Bleed kits with the 999 emergency response.
- Publicly promote the Bleed kits, their locations and thank all supporters.