We are a Community Interest Company working with children and young people using fishing as a tool to deal with mental health and wellbeing issues. Our sessions are accessible to all ages 8-18years of age. We have qualified coaches that work with the young people to learn the basics of fishing but also life skills such as problem solving, decision making which in turn build confidence and self esteem
• Being Healthy - sport reduces the risk of ill health for young people. As an outdoor sport angling contributes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle through social interaction, achievement, and mental well-being.
• Staying Safe - angling promotes community cohesion, and can help reduce youth crime, anti-social behaviour, bullying and discrimination. Other organisations such as Angling Trust, Get Hooked on Fishing, police crime prevention teams and youth services have already successfully used angling as a means of engaging with young people.
• Enjoying & Achieving - angling can contribute to personal and social development and to further the young people’s enjoyment of leisure time. Angling is a fun sport undertaken in a healthy environment.
• Making a Positive Contribution - angling engages young people in community activity and can lead to other activities such as keeping the local pond, river, or canal free of litter. It also develops their self-confidence and encourages positive behaviour and relationships.
• Achieving Economic Well Being - angling can help young people to become economically active by providing training and employment opportunities both directly and indirectly