BKSL are an unfunded community run knife crime organisation consisting of community volunteers who are passionate about reducing knife crime and making our streets safer for everyone.
We go door to door with our mobile amnesty bin taking as many excess knives from peoples homes and kitchen drawers as possible.
We also visit busy places with our Knife Amnesty Bin taking as many knives off the streets as possible. To date we have taken 1012 knives & 1 gun in our amnesty bin.
We also educate parents on how to make their family's safer and we make them aware of the dangers of knife crime and how they best protect themselves from becoming victims.
We take youths and gang members from the streets and enrol them into positive ongoing activitys such as football, boxing and music workshops with others who were also taken from the streets.
We do a lot to unite the community and make everyone as safe as possible.
What we'll deliver:
- In our first 6 months we reduced knife crime by 34% in our debut borough, whilst it rose in every other London borough
- We estimate that we will easily remove over 1000 knives per year, as we did previously in only 8mths
- We will educate parents, youths & gang members on how to best protect themselves from the dangers of knife crime
- We will one day be creating the London Knife Statue with all of the knives we collect.
- Ultimately we will make Havering a lot safer and save some lives along the way.
- We will reduce knife crime and change a lot of the communities mindsets
- We will unite community members who would never have associated with each other
- I write a fortnightly knife crime article for The Havering Daily where we will show our progress.
- Our number 1 promise is to make Havering one of the safest boroughs in London
Why it's a great idea:
Our campaign will make Havering a much safer place for everyone.
We are a proven success and will continue to be as we are all extremely dedicated at what we do.
Knife crime and violent crime will reduce dramatically.
Lots more youths will be put on the right path in life instead of on the streets feeling hopeless about their futures.
The community will be a much more sociable place with different races, religions, classes, etc, unified due to the understanding that everybody wants the same goal.
Steps to get it done:
- We aim to launch on Nov 1st
- We aim to take 100 knives a month off the streets of Havering
- We hope to raise over £5000 in donations over the course of a year
Our main impact area is community safety.
We have already made a massive impact, and our incredible success rate has been publicised world wide.