We are in the process of replacing & improving our ropes courses, to include one of the only wheelchair accessible high ropes courses in the area, with specially designed obstacles that are suitable for inclusive usage. We need to purchase vital equipment in order to be able to offer our activities to people of all abilities. We have seen an increase in usage over the past two years but there is room for growth!
Prior to its replacement the total number of participants per year using our low ropes courses was 2,215 of which 175 had at least one physical or mental impairment. We would hope the number of participants, in future years, would rise to 2,600 of which 260 would have at least one physical or mental impairment.
We work closely with lots of other charities and schools to make sure that we are reaching out to vulnerable groups of people. One local charity, PACE, have highlighted the need for a hoist as they have a number of children who have been unable to previously attend.
What we'll deliver:
- A new, much needed, all-inclusive low ropes facility
- Accessible outdoor activities for all
- Adventure within amazing surroundings
Why it's a great idea:
We are particularly proud of our all-inclusive facilities for those with disabilities and would like to be recognised as a leading activity centre for young people, irrespective of their background or ability. Our aim is to provide every opportunity to our young visitors, to make a positive contribution to society, and be the very best they can be. Our ambitious 5 year plan will ensure our facilities are fit for purpose to enable us to deliver exceptional experiences.
Steps to get it done:
- Successfully secure the funds
- Purchase mobile hoist, slings, ropes, karabiners & SLYDE
- Conduct a staff training session on the equipment
- Organise a launch event inviting a local organisation to experience our new facilities
- Open to the public
1) Successfully secure the funds
2) Purchase mobile hoist, slings, ropes, karabiners & SLYDE
3) Conduct a staff training session on the equipment
4) Organise a launch event inviting a local organisation to experience our new facilities
5) Open to the public
The Adventure Learning Charity provides fun, challenging, safe and affordable environments for young people, youth groups and families to enjoy a wide range of exciting indoor and outdoor land and water based activities. We are known for our work providing activities that build confidence and widen horizons. It is extremely rewarding to witness young people participating in new activities which take them out of their comfort zone stimulating both mental and physical learning whilst enjoying exercise. We pride ourselves on bringing together diverse members of the community to work and play together, enabling better understanding and improving communications.