Our application for planning permission is being considered. In the unlikely event that this is not secured, no money will be taken from backers.
A2Z United Community is a project that aims to break barriers such as language, culture, religion and poverty separating individuals in our community and build friendships, create tolerance and sense of belonging instead.
It is a project where residents could not only meet and feel safe but also learn, enjoy, share, create, progress, accept and be part of ONE UNITED HAPPY COMMUNITY!!
We plan to run clubs such as:
Speak English and discover London
Arts and craft for all
Making and sharing food from around the world
Ladies only meet and chill
Mothers and toddlers quality time
Syrian women refugees chill and learn about life in the UK
Advice sessions for work and training
And many more!
What we'll deliver:
- Refurbish the inside of community centre: fresh paint, fix the disabled toilet, put new mirrors in all toilets
- Put new lights around the hut and a new CCTV system
- Put new radiators, new storage facilities and a new AC system
Why it's a great idea:
My project is THE solution to tackle the problem of isolation, racial segregation and drugs and antisocial behaviour in the area around Dunmore Point in Shoreditch by promoting cultural awareness.
Refurbishing and extending the space inside the centre as well as refreshing the outside of it will help discourage criminals from gathering in the area to use drugs and alcohol. Rather, families with children and other residents from the local community will feel safe and comfortable using the space on a daily basis by attending the different clubs that we are intending to run after fully refurbishing the centre.
Steps to get it done:
- Shortlisting the best contractors
- Choosing the best plan to maximise the space at the centre
- Negotiating the best deal for the refurbishment project
- Raise the necessary funds to implement the project
- Pay the contractor to buy the necessary materials
- Supervise all the refurbishment work
- Deliver a more spacious and more comfortable centre for the residents
- Buy furniture and other equipments
- Start running different clubs as per the demand of the community
I started my project on 22/07/2018 and found a place to run it at (DUNMORE POINT hut in E2) using my personal funds to pay for rent as I didn't get much help (with advice or donations) from any side I turned to.
At the moment, I am hiring the hut every Thursday for one hour only because I cannot afford to pay for more hours. The time I spend in the hut every Thursday allows me to focus on my project and do admin work as well as planning and research.
I gathered a group of amazing people (staff and trustees) ready to start making all the ideas I have for my project become reality. They are just as passionate as myself about giving the best opportunities to our residents and community.
I also have residents from different backgrounds who can't wait to finally start attending the different clubs my project will be running.
Please help me fund my project to put a smile on all those faces (disadvantage children, isolated residents, broken families, unhappy teenagers, lonely elderly etc.)