STEAM Co. is a non-profit CIC co-founded 8 years ago in a primary school in Paddington. We've been all over the UK since.
We Campaign for, Inspire and Action Art - the Power of Creativity, Tech and People
We feel it has the power to Inspire Kids, Create Careers and Connect Communities.
We connect our kids with their art and our communities with their schools.
Last year, inspired by Sir Elton John's story, we did a 12 day tour of the UK. It was incredible.
We're doing it again this year, as the '3 Greatest Gifts Tour - because the greatest gifts you can give a child are Your Time, Some Stories and Their Art.
Nile Rodgers has filmed a chat for us.
In Birmingham last week we met an autistic boy who lives for his music. He plays piano.
It's a big week . We want to rent the same screen we used last year for three pop up days Weds - Sheffield, Thurs - Morecambe, Fri -Birmingham
We need to do this in 24 hours. We're ready to go
We just need you to prove how #ARTCONENCTS19
What we'll deliver:
- We will deliver the last of our #3Greatest Gifts Sessions free to 7 schools
- We will rent a massive screen on the back of a lorry for three days this election week
- We will print 5,000 news papers of our #ARTCONNECTS19 newspaper on the last day of the tour, the 12th day of Christmas
- We will give everyone who donates over £10 a copy of the newspaper with their name in it
- We will give everyone who donates over £25 an #ILOVEART t-shirt
- We will give everyone who donates over £100 a poster of themselves holding an #ILOVEART logo they have designed
- We will give everyone who donates over £1,000 4 sheets of #ILOVEART stickers designed by 4 children across the UK
- We will give 3 companies donating £3,000 (subject to vibe assessment) Tour Sponsor status/discrete use of their logo
- Any one who just gives us the £9k we need now, gets a team hug.
Why it's a great idea:
As Sir Elton John said last week "It's appalling that music is being taken off the curriculum in UK schools"
9 out of 10 head teachers, according to BBC research have said they have cut the arts and creative subjects.
We believe that we should put creativity first in our schools, work and lives.
It is not only enshrined as a human right but can inspire children in their learning, create careers/powers the economy and can connect communities.
We launched our 3 Greatest Gifts UK Tour at the Eden Project in Cornwall and are taking it to school communities across the country.
However we have struggled to find sponsors and schools have a funding crisis.
After sessions in Cornwall, Chester and Wales we are pausing to do the last bit properly.
We met a young autistic pianist in Birmingham last week and want to give him a big screen and stage at three sessions this week - election week and the week Stormzy launches his new album, a young man with his portrait in the National Gallery
Steps to get it done:
- Securing the funding by midday Tues 10th Dec to book screen for Wednesday
If, like us, you value art and creativity and are worried about an impending creativity crisis in our schools, that will impact our work and society, then we hope you'll support this.
If we raise more than the £9k we need now, we wil luse it to kick off next year's Festival of Creative Shcools, Worka dn Lives.
This year's was called #ARTCONNECTS19.
Next year's will be called #COLLABORATE20
Will you #COLLABORATEforCREATIVITY?
Let's show how, as Seth Godin says, #ARTCONNECTS
Because 'art is what we call it when what we do might connect us to someone else'.
Thank you for even reading this.