We are looking for funds to help our Group buy a newer, bigger minibus. As part of our ethos, we tend to take our Young People far and wide in search of adventure and to broaden their horizons.
Our Group is growing and as such we need to ensure that we can take our sections (Beavers, Cubs, Scouts & Explorers) to events, camps, hikes and other activities. We go out at all times of the year in some very remote locations. We even took our Scouts to deepest, darkest Northumberland for camp, early in the New Year, and need a vehicle we can depend on.
Our bus is also available to other charitable bodies in the area which means that we need a vehicle that can keep up with current trends and requirements.
What we'll deliver:
- We will continue to deliver skills for life and make memories for our Young People
- We'll take more of our Scouts on more adventures than ever before
- We'll continue to provide our vehicle to other charitable bodies when available
Why it's a great idea:
This project will allow us to take our Scouts to more places than previously possible. With a newer vehicle, we will hopefully have more reliability and enlarged capacity so we can take more people further.
Our catchment area (Hetton le Hole, Easington Lane, Houghton le Spring and other areas of the Coalfields) is seeing an increase in youth disorder by a small minority however the majority of the young populace are being affected. We already provide adventure and skills for life to over 70 Young People and we aim to increase that as much as possible. Hopefully we can start to show the majority of the younger generation that they can finally have the adventure and the fun they've been looking for without the stigma that is unfairly heaped upon them.
Steps to get it done:
- We will look to be in a position to purchase a new minibus by September 2020
- We will look to take the entire Group (60+ Young People) away for a day of adventure as soon as COVID-19 has passed
- We will look to take at least one section away for a winter camp in early 2021