I am an Italian immigrant living in Lancashire and every time I disclose my nationality, people ask me "How come you are here?". Out of this experience, Voices of Lancashire asks the same question to different immigrants who live in this part of the world and explores with them why and how they moved to Lancashire, their impressions of this place, their ambitions and their everyday life experiences in a place that has become their permanent or temporary home. In this first year, Voices of Lancashire will collect 12 interviews, each with an immigrant living in one of the 12 districts that make up Lancashire County!
What we'll deliver:
- 12 interviews with 12 immigrants living in each district of Lancashire
- Create an archive of migrant voices in Lancashire
Why it's a great idea:
1) Local people and communities will have a chance to know more about the experiences of immigrants who live in Lancashire
2) Immigrants will have a chance to share their stories/feelings/experiences about being a migrant in Lancashire with the broader community
3) Opportunities of cultural exchange, intercultural communication, and integration for all (immigrants/locals; youth/adults; men/women; etc.)
4) For anyone interested in the evolution of the local community, this podcast series has the potential to become an archive for future reference
Steps to get it done:
- Identifying 12 immigrants willing to have an interview with me
- Set-up an Anchor account with image and description
- Doing the interviews
- Editing the interviews
- Publishing the interviews
- Promotion and advertisement
The podcast will be open access, published through the platform Anchor FM and shared in Spotify.
Interviews will be based on audio recording.