Community Initiative Fund (CIF)
The CIF has enabled West Sussex County Councillors to support community projects promising to improve the wellbeing of their local area.
Pledges are awarded at County Local Committee (CLC) meetings.
Projects we're interested in funding
Your local councillors want to get behind projects that have the support of the community and make a positive impact on people’s wellbeing.
Ideas may include:
- Increasing group membership and widening participation
- Starting-up new activities and expanding existing services for members of the community
- Organising community events and activities
- Providing specific items for community spaces
- Organising one-off events to increase visitors to the local area
- Activities aimed at developing skills for residents to benefit them and the area
- Providing improvements to community infrastructure and developing communally held assets
- Helping groups and organisations to develop their assets and/or resources to support future financial independence
- Helping communities influence the planning and delivery of local services
- Protecting the environment and promoting sustainable local development
The outcomes of our fund
Your pitch to the Community Initiative Fund should show evidence of supporting one of more of The Five Ways to Wellbeing - a set of evidence-based actions which promote people's wellbeing.