Raising a smile within Soho. #OHelloSunshine’s aim is to generate a positive social impact through public art. Referencing Soho’s progressive history of social, sexual and political reform, the sculpture looks to reflect the community it represents – bold, bright and truly unique.
With planning permission approved by Westminster Council and pledges growing by the day, our vision for summer 2020 is fast becoming reality, but we need your help.
We need more community support; pledges can be made using Paypal or GoCardless. Your pledge will enable ambitious public art to become a popular cultural landmark of Soho.
Whether you’re a Londoner or a Soho local, organisation or business, by supporting this project you can have a direct impact on the cultural landscape of this amazing city.
All pledges will be named on our lovely website!
What we'll deliver:
- A unique symbol of diversity, inclusion & tolerance for the Soho community, Londoners & millions of visitors to enjoy
- Design, planning, fabrication & installation of the galvanised steel sculpture by June 2020
- An integrated digital campaign to attract wider involvement & promote further conversation
- Working with local organisations to engage the community, creating a safe and enjoyable place
Why it's a great idea:
#OHelloSunshine represents; community, love, inclusion, tolerance & diversity.
#OHelloSunshine WILL make Soho Square a brighter 'happier' place to relax and socialise.
#OHelloSunshine will be free and open to all.
#OHelloSunshine digital campaign will encourage wider social impact and community engagement; with success measured through the number of unique digital interactions...
Steps to get it done:
- The sculpture will be fabricated from galvanised steel & powder-coated in BRIGHTWORK paint
- On-site risk assessment will be approved by Westminster Council
- Logistics, including transport & installation, will be coordinated in the second half of April and May
- #OHelloSunshine opens to the public in summer 2020
- Westminster Council #OHelloSunshine have granted permission for an initial six month exhibition
Ensuring that #OHelloSunshine will become a permanent addition to London's cultural offering. We are planning to repeat the process of fundraising, submission and selection in 2021.
People love to belong & feel part of something.
'Activated art' generates positive social impact through physical artwork; engaging brands, community organisations, charities and real people, online & in the everyday world.
GREYGREY Studio. Ltd