Theatre Porto take inspiring arts activities everywhere - reaching children & families in their own schools, parks & communities. We invite them to continue their relationship with us at the popular 'Family Hang out' at our fabulous new theatre in Whitby Park.
With your support we will
- commission Chester based 'Urban tricycles' to design and build an eye-catching, versatile and portable ART CART. A pedal-powered unit that carries art materials and converts into a 'making space' allowing us to create even more 'pop up' experiences to wow, delight & inspire creativity across Ellesmere Port. We will take it to events, schools and parks all year round.
- We will also use the investment to secure another 6 months of the FREE Family Hang out project, piloted this summer to meet the needs of many families struggling through the cost of living crisis.
- The initiative will support us to reduce our carbon footprint - replacing local car journeys with bike travel around the new cycle lanes
What we'll deliver:
- puchase a bespoke art-cart
- take it to a minimum of 20 events/venues each year
- deliver arts activities to an estimated 1000 children and families
- deliver 20 weeks of creative 'Family Hang Out' sessions at Theatre Porto
Why it's a great idea:
There will be
Benefits to the environment
Benefits to children and families
Benefits to the town
Who will it benefit, and how? It will benefit all children and families but particularly those who for socio-economic reasons need FREE creative & cultural opportunities .
Why does your area need this?
Theatre Porto is an amazing new asset for the town - it increases civic pride & makes theatre accessible for many facing disadvantage. This new ARTCART will ensure more people are introduced to those opportunities who don't yet know we exist & don't yet walk through our doors.
It will animate parks, schools & community spaces - bringing a wow factor to many events & workshops
It will also support us to ensure we meet our ambition of reducing our Carbon Footprint & contribute to positive action for climate change.
Family Hangout was created in direct response to consultation with families about the impact of the cost of living crisis and will continue to be a free weekend "lifesaver"
Steps to get it done:
- Jan -planning meeting with Theatre Porto and Urban Tricyles
- Feb - Tricycle (artcart) design and build
- March - launch the new initiative on Socials
- April - begin visiting schools, parks and community events
- Jan - July - deliver 'Family hangout' each saturday morning