Our project will be a festival at Quarry Park Stables, Wardley Lane to be enjoyed by everyone.We aim to have a live music stage. We will have an area where people can have a space to vocalise how they feel about their mental health helping them to help others, express and share We will include quiet areas the public can approach and talk to many of the local mental health groups involved. We will be offering some holistic therapy free.Local mental health groups will be invited to participate .We aim to reach 800 people at the festival and a maximum of 20,000 through FB, & up to 20,000 through local radio. We are forming a CIC to continue our work in raising awareness.
By making a video and using it to advertise we are creating a lasting affect. At each fringe event throughout the year we continually will be raising awareness.We are running fringe events over a large area of the North East we will be reaching small communities raising awareness at each event.
What we'll deliver:
- A welcoming space for people to talk about their relationship with mental health
- A place to enable people to support others with issues
- Create a positive attitude to mental health
- Allow people with a mental health issue to speak up without recrimination
- A fully equipped stage with performers
- An area for families to get together creating a positive atmosphere
- Creating an area where people can vocalise and share how they feel about mental health over a microphone
- Creating an area where mental health groups can pass on information about what they do
- A stage for people with mental health issues to share their musical talent
- A place for families and carers to enjoy a day out with activities
Why it's a great idea:
This project will bring many different people together in many different ways. We have several fringe events ongoing throughout the year.
Many are already participating and helping. This also helps many musicians who suffer with mental health issues and who want to give to the festival as well as music lovers who will attend. This helps us reach as many people as possible. This is all creating an atmosphere of support and gives some hope to the people who generally feel hopeless. I think it will show that people are not alone and it will help with more being enabled to ask for help. We think this will help with times of crisis.
We hope to allow people to express themselves in a positive setting of friendship. We want families to have a nice time by including things where they can relax and have fun. T-shirt making will be helping build confidence and fairly easy to do with the right specialist printers.
Funds will help buy the t-shirts that people can print also paying for inks.
Steps to get it done:
- Creating the Festival plan
- Find the right place with outdoor space
- Book all the Acts
- Create SAG for council and safety
- Subject plans to council and licensing
- Book Sound and Lighting
- Book Security firm
- Create posters and Fb events
- attend Cvs Meetings
- Connect to Charities ( MIND )
- Advertise and marketing .Fb , Radio, Leaflets ,and posters .
- Organise Volunteers roles
- Create Car park area
- Create Picture plans of the whole day
- Create team leaflets for organisation of the Festival
- Secure all relevant licences for vendors
- Install Security fencing
- Team to attend area of festival to check all relevant points
We will be supporting different arts. Music, art, vocal expression and more. We will be giving the local area a boost by giving it a festival. We will bring in new investors. We will increase the volunteer and jobs section by employing more people to help with the festival. We are supporting local business by using them for the festival so helping the local economy. We are in the process of forming a community interest company to follow on the work and raise awareness. We also hope to gain support from local workforces by involving them to donate their time. We have received support from the music sector and bands have donated their time and musical talent in kind for all the fringe events we are organising throughout the next ten months. We have received support from the venue sector in the way of free venue hire to enable us to do more events and access more people. BTSF is already raising awareness in name with the fringe events. We are including participation of local charities